Associate Director of Sales - Stamford Plaza Auckland
Associate Director of Sales
- BRING YOUR SALES EXPERIENCE TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC SALES TEAM
- Excellent opportunities for development
- Fun and rewarding work environment
Having recently undergone a multimillion dollar refurbishment, Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland's premiere central city 5-star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality.
The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our 10th floor Pool and Gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
We are seeking passionate and dynamic Sales professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Generate and maintain major accounts and assigned segments through various sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment, sight inspections, etc.)
• Ensure thorough and complete coverage of sales team for a comprehensive client servicing, achieving targets and maximum productivity
• Set up all sales objectives, action plans and team's targets
• Ensure that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes up selling opportunities of sales team
• Review direct competition and ensure complete awareness by all sales team of competitor's activities at all times
• Consolidate month end sales report applicable information
• Be actively involved in the preparation of the sales plan as requested by Superiors
• Actively participate in achieving hotel's budgets especially rooms' budget
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a hospitality or hotel sales environment, with direct supervisory experience of a sales team
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions and other relevant functions and events
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Proven computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Outlook
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate:
- Excellent selling capability
- Excellent organizational & planning skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective and outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Work with the highest level of integrity
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as being a key team player, who is willing to assist and help others
- Displays an innovative and enthusiastic approach to challenges and problem solving
- Proven accountability
- Driven and highly motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and show resilience.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
Business Development Manager - Stamford Plaza Auckland
Business Development Manager
Stamford Plaza Auckland has cemented its place as Auckland's premiere central city 5-star hotel. Guests are greeted with outstanding service, unparalleled comfort and personalised hospitality.
The 286 Guest Rooms and Suites infuse the senses with elegance and sophistication, our pool and gym facilities have unrivalled views of the harbour and city and is a one of a kind facility within Auckland city.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Business Development Manager to grow in your career and contribute to a much-loved value based organisation. Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing this role will allow you to work autonomously and plays a critical part within our S&M team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic BDM with a sales background to develop and build strong and effective relationships with our clients and to lead these through to market. You will need to be pro-active with a driven personality and likes a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role with the following criteria:
- BDM experience in the Hospitality environment
- Drive sales and revenue targets for the business
- Establish, develop and maintaining key client relationships
- Increase the occupancy and average room rate of the Hotel by active selling, servicing and sourcing new business and action sales leads
- To sell the Hotel as a total concept ensuring maximum business in all areas; rooms, food and beverage
- Develop business proposals and marketing plans to maintain long term business relationships with potential clients.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrate experience of working collaboratively as a member of a team
- Present yourself with high credibility
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Strategic, innovative and motivational persona
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a BDM
- You must be a permanent resident of New Zealand or possess a work permit valid for at least 12 months’ love to hear from you!
Major Events Manager - NZ Fieldays
Major Events Manager
Is event management and delivery in your DNA
Want to be part of New Zealand’s largest agricultural event?
Are you a superb multi talker who can direct and deliver at the same time?
The NZ National Fieldays Society, owners of Mystery Creek Events Centre, was formed in 1969 by a passionate group of individuals for the charitable purpose of the advancement of agriculture. From its beginnings as the ‘Home of Fieldays’ the Events Centre nowowns orhosts a number of New Zealand’s iconic events including Fieldays, Equidays, Transport & Heavy Equipment Expo, Motorhome & Caravan Show and more.
As Major Events Manager you will take a pivotal role in the management and delivery of New Zealand’s leading agricultural event – Fieldays. You will be required tocontribute to anddeliver onthe event strategy while overseeingthe design and delivery of Fieldays from end to end each year and take a lead in other events as required. This role requires meticulous project management, delegationand attention to detail to ensure it meets its acclaimed world class standard. Service delivery is also a key outcome for this role and the Major Events Manager will build and manage positive internal and external relationships withstakeholders, colleagues, clients, exhibitors, contractorsandvolunteers. To successfully carry out the requirements of this role, you will be financially savvy, know how to build and monitor a strong budget and track costs accurately within the timeline.
Event management and execution will flow through your veins! To be on the top of your game in this role you must have previous experience as an event director ormajor event managerwith a natural ability to manage complexity. You will be an accomplished communicator with proven relationship building skills and strong presentation and time management talent to boot. Whilst a master at the micro, you must also keep the macro goals of the event to the forefrontat all time. A good dollop of agricultural understanding and/or background would also be very advantageous!
Does this role sound like you – then call Raewyn Anderson now on 027 590 0110.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications close Monday the 27thof August.
Manager, Global Accounts - HelmsBriscoe
Manager, Global Accounts - Hospitality Sales Experience a Major Advantage
HelmsBriscoe is expanding its team of Meetings and Event Consultants (HelmsBriscoe Associates) in Australasia and are looking for people to join us in New Zealand. This is an ideal opportunity for professionals who have hotel meeting planning or sales experience, are looking for a change and who would prefer to work for themselves.
HelmsBriscoe offers full training and support and our business coaches will help you to develop your own portfolio of clients. Your clients can be located in New Zealand or anywhere else in the world and can include any individual company or organisation booking a hotel or meeting/event space and/or accommodation for a group of 10+ people.
As a HelmsBrsicoe Associate, you would:
1. Consult with each client to understand their meeting/event needs and priorities
2. Research, select and present the most suitable hotels/venues
3. Support the client in their decision-making-process
4. Negotiate the best rates and conditions with the preferred hotel/venue
5. Review the contract with the client
The ideal candidate enjoys proactive sales, is a great networker and excellent at building and maintaining long term relationships with clients and venues.
Each HelmsBriscoe Associate provides a personalised service to their clients, supported by the largest venue sourcing company in the world with 2017 sales of US$1.275 Billion+ buying power.
We do not charge a fee to join our organisation and you will be self-employed as an independent contractor. If you are thinking of setting up your own business, or are already self-employed, then you may wish to consider becoming a part of a global team of 1,300+ HelmsBriscoe Associates in 55 countries. This is a flexible full time home-based business opportunity and can be tailored to meet your personal needs. It's the ideal business with which to create the perfect work-life balance and for those wishing to spend precious time with their families. You will be paid a commission by HelmsBriscoe based on your sales performance (no salary) and there is unlimited earning potential.